Over the last few days, we had our third set of visitors in 2 weeks- my dad, stepmom and sister in from California. The kids haven't seen them for 2 years so they were essentially new people. More new people after starting a new daycare with 50 new people last week.
Let's just say the kids were a little challenging. Luckily, my family seemed to understand that their behavior was not normal, but it was still a bit mortifying when my son was rude to them. I really pride myself on my kids' nice manners. Baby L took the more conventional approach of throwing two year old tantrums, to the point that my dad actually asked if she had a fever.
We also discovered L's future calling as an opera singer. Apparently, when she is overtired and hasn't taken a nap, instead of falling asleep in the car on the way home, she prefers to sing loudly, non-stop, for at least an hour. My dad, who was trying to take a nap, appreciated it greatly. That part was pretty hilarious.
But we made it to Manhattan, the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, and Rye Playland, so we had some fun despite ourselves. It was wonderful spending time with my family, especially my 20yo sister, whom I haven't seen in years. The kids really liked the Statue of Liberty, remembering it from the Wonder Pets episode where the pigeon gets stuck on the crown. "Look mama, it's a Statue a livery!"
Anyway, despite my love of change and mixing it up, I'm glad that we will be lying low for the next few weeks. We need to get into a routine and stay there for a little bit.
We packed up the family and joined the Foreign Service in 2011. Currently in: Mexico City, Mexico!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tulum with tweens
I'm still here! Thought I'd write about our vacation to Tulum this past week. The kids' school is off for 'fall break,...
-
What a day! I can't believe we got the DR. We are overjoyed! Today was totally intense. Around 3:15pm we were all in our seats, waitin...
-
Well, we made it. We shlepped our UAB down here all by ourselves and moved into Oakwood Falls Church on Saturday pm. I had promised my pop T...
-
I've often been disappointed when bloggers start A-100 and just disappear...only to resurface later sharing very few details about A-1...
3 comments:
I know how it is. We just had our last visitors leave. The kiddos do so much better on a routine. It makes everyone more pleasant.
Love "a statue a livery"! And the Wonder Pets rock!!!
Take it easy. You deserve a break after all the changes and visitors.
It’s Friday, and that means that the Weekly State Department Blog Roundup is up – and you’re on it!
Here is the link: http://cyberbones.blogspot.com/2010/06/weekly-state-department-roundup.html
(If I quoted your text or used your photo(s) and you would rather I had not, please let me know. Please also be sure to check the link(s) that I put up to you, in order to verify that they work properly. If you would rather that I had not referenced you, and/or do not want me to reference you in the future, please also contact me.) Thanks!
Post a Comment