Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful

So many things to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.

There's this guy, my best friend. I love this picture because he looks so relaxed. We were on Caye Caulker, an island in Belize, visiting my brother Jake and having the most relaxing time. I am thankful that soon he will be able to say goodbye to the job that does NOT make him look like this, and forge his own path. And I am thankful that he is taking this amazing leap of faith with me, though we know not where it will lead.
And then of course, there are these small people, my pride and joy. I am so grateful to have two healthy, smart, endearing, beautiful, kind children to light up my life.
And then there are also, oh, I don't know....
  • my parents, in-laws, siblings, and extended family, whose love and support is unquestionable and unmatchable;
  • my amazing network of friends, new and old, near and far, in person and through cyberspace;
  • the fact that we both have jobs, allowing us to have a roof over our heads, food to eat, and money to buy the things that we need;
  • our good health, which is never something I take for granted; 
  • and this year, the incredible chance to join the Department of State and serve my country in interesting places around the world.

There is much to be thankful for this year, indeed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post! Have a terrific Thanksgiving!

Daniela/Tuk&Tam

Becky said...

Wonderful list! Happy Thanksgiving and best of luck on your new adventure.

sclawgrl said...

Love it.

Jill said...

You do have a lot to be thankful for ...

Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy your time. Enjoy your new path...

Just US said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Your post has been included in the WSDBR at:
http://csamto.blogspot.com/2010/11/welcome-to-wsdbr.html

Thanks for your wonderful contribution!

Linsey said...

Good list. Remembering blessing certainly does help put things in perspective.

Tulum with tweens

I'm still here! Thought I'd write about our vacation to Tulum this past week. The kids' school is off for 'fall break,...