I have lots of catch up blogging to do...but for now, some photo evidence of
the 2 FS blogger meetings we were lucky enough to have in DC when we were there
recently! We had some doctor's appointments in Northern VA, so we took the
opportunity to meet up with friends in language training, visit some old
playgrounds, and stop by Oakwood Falls Church!
We had lunch with the ladies of Looking
for geckos, which was especially fun because I actually went to high
school with the author of this blog, but we didn't realize so until recently.
The girls are just as cute as their pictures!
And then we had a delicious Vietnamese dinner with Lindsey and her parents, as well as her aunt and uncle who served with me in Santo Domingo (and were oh so patient with me as I learned NIV...). It was great to meet Barry, Jess and the famous Lindsey after stalking their blog for quite a while.
I also ran into Luca and Juliana, and their lovely mom, and I recognized them right away. Wish we could have chatted longer. We saw some other friends that we actually knew in person as well...it was a really terrific day. Looking forward to the next time we all meet.
We packed up the family and joined the Foreign Service in 2011. Currently in: Mexico City, Mexico!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tulum with tweens
I'm still here! Thought I'd write about our vacation to Tulum this past week. The kids' school is off for 'fall break,...
-
So, after eating nothing but tacos and junk food for the first six months of my life here, I had gained a few pounds. I started trying t...
-
What a day! I can't believe we got the DR. We are overjoyed! Today was totally intense. Around 3:15pm we were all in our seats, waitin...
-
1st round of offers went out today and did not head my way. I haven't checked recently, but think I was ranked about 24-28 before today....
2 comments:
It was so great to finally meet you too - yes, we should always carry cameras with us exactly for that purpose! I hope our paths will cross again - good luck with bidding!
Such fun to "meet" and get to know your sweet children and hubbie for a bit - can't wait to hear where the next adventure awaits!!
Post a Comment