Yesterday, I was cleaning out my files at work, and for some unknown reason, I opened the form I sent to GSO (the office managing my move) with information about where our shipments should go.
I filled out this form myself about 3 months ago.
It had two China addresses- one for our Household Effects (HHE), which is most of our stuff. And one for our Unaccompanied Air Baggage (UAB), the 700 pounds that's supposed to accompany us to Virginia.
Yes, a China address for the UAB. The UAB that I've been painstakingly organizing for months, so that the kids have their favorite toys and the rest of us have the items we need to live in Virginia for almost a whole year.
I was like, "HOLY XXXX!"
I called GSO right away and of course, the shipments guy has seen it all. It appears I was lucky because the shipment hasn't left the country yet and was only picked up a few days ago. So that crisis was averted and hopefully our stuff will make it to VA.
Everyone tells you to check your orders carefully. And I did. It had all the right things going to the right places. I made this mistake myself. And it makes me worry and wonder about what else is messed up.
We packed up the family and joined the Foreign Service in 2011. Currently in: Mexico City, Mexico!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tulum with tweens
I'm still here! Thought I'd write about our vacation to Tulum this past week. The kids' school is off for 'fall break,...
-
So, after eating nothing but tacos and junk food for the first six months of my life here, I had gained a few pounds. I started trying t...
-
What a day! I can't believe we got the DR. We are overjoyed! Today was totally intense. Around 3:15pm we were all in our seats, waitin...
-
1st round of offers went out today and did not head my way. I haven't checked recently, but think I was ranked about 24-28 before today....
1 comment:
So thankful you caught it! I'm waiting to do something like this, I know it's only a matter of time. So many details! Will be great to see you all in DC.
Post a Comment