Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Fall update

I'm home with a sick little girl, so it seems like a good time to update the blog. I know FS blogs are not quite as interesting when they are stateside, but this is for the family...

We are having a busy fall! Here are the kids on their first day of school.

Rosh Hashanah passed in a blur during the first week of school. My parents and brother came over for a quick celebration.
We remembered to pack the plastic shofar in the luggage! Yea, mama!
M played fall soccer for the first time and is now in an indoor league until spring. He landed with a great team with a FS mom coach, and we are grateful for the friendliness of the team and the great experience he's gaining. He loves it!
He made a goal right in front of the family one day!
L is taking dance once a week and also loves it.

We spent a rainy weekend with Grammy in Berkeley Springs, WV, but still had some fun at the Apple Butter Festival.
Taking the trolley to the festival 
This is how apple butter is made!

 Beautiful leaves. We came home early because of the rain, and haven't been able to get back there yet. Soon.



Halloween was so much fun! I'm a little bummed I didn't get quality photos, but it was so chaotic that I'm glad I have anything at all. Oakwood asks families to sign up if they want to trick or treat, and then you receive a list of all participating apartments. It worked out great, and we only went to two buildings before our buckets were full!




I'll write about the beautiful family wedding we attended in another post, so just one last update- I turned 40 last week! I'd like to thank the Chinese language for helping me come to terms with my age this fall. As soon as I started studying, it was obvious I am no longer a spring chicken!

It was a great birthday, filled with family, friends and love.



No comments:

Tulum with tweens

I'm still here! Thought I'd write about our vacation to Tulum this past week. The kids' school is off for 'fall break,...