Time is passing verrrryyyyy slowly this week. Almost as slowly as it passed when I was waiting on the Spanish test.
On Monday, a handful of offers were reported and we now have about 6 known acceptances from the Con register. The lowest rank is #19, I think. I've been emailing with a couple of people who have 5.6s and 5.57s (I have a 5.57) and they have not received offers yet. Acceptances on the first round of offers are due tomorrow, so we expect the second round of offers to go out on Friday or early next week. We're hoping there is a second round, after all.
It really is frustrating how much the register has changed in the last few mos. I would have been in the first round of offers for June and Aug. One person with a 5.6 got an offer to the August class and turned it down in favor of a long-planned family vacation, thinking he'd have no problem getting into the Sept. class. Now, he's on pins and needles. My fingers are crossed for him.
I know, I know. There is a lot of waiting in the FS. And I am still ok with it, either way. But I just want to know (and then I'll wait until mid-August and do this again!)!
We packed up the family and joined the Foreign Service in 2011. Currently in: Mexico City, Mexico!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tulum with tweens
I'm still here! Thought I'd write about our vacation to Tulum this past week. The kids' school is off for 'fall break,...
-
So, after eating nothing but tacos and junk food for the first six months of my life here, I had gained a few pounds. I started trying t...
-
What a day! I can't believe we got the DR. We are overjoyed! Today was totally intense. Around 3:15pm we were all in our seats, waitin...
-
1st round of offers went out today and did not head my way. I haven't checked recently, but think I was ranked about 24-28 before today....
2 comments:
I'm with you, but I'm at the stage where I know my investigation is completed, but I don't know where it stands. Got conflicting reports from the customer service people :(. I'm also on pins and needles to schedule my language test b/c it's clear my 5.5 is no longer even going to put me on the bubble. I'm just clearly underwater. Seems like the Sept. class may be small, no?
Hang in there. There usually are several people that defer, so chances are there will be a second round.
Post a Comment