I love Flag Day! So far, we know about San Salvador (a dream post for me! I've heard it's wonderful for families!) and Dhaka (don't know too much about this post so I'm looking forward to learning!). I'm happy that V is for Vonhinken got what they were hoping for - a DC post (and as Con candidate, I'm hoping she'll share a little bit about her job, which sounds so interesting!). And The World That We Live In got a really cool and beautiful country as their first post.
Another- Riga, Latvia! (shout out to two former RPCVs from Africa!). Also heard that Niamey, Niger, was assigned to someone.
If you know of others who don't blog, please share! I love living vicariously! Congrats, everyone!
We packed up the family and joined the Foreign Service in 2011. Currently in: Mexico City, Mexico!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tulum with tweens
I'm still here! Thought I'd write about our vacation to Tulum this past week. The kids' school is off for 'fall break,...
-
So, after eating nothing but tacos and junk food for the first six months of my life here, I had gained a few pounds. I started trying t...
-
What a day! I can't believe we got the DR. We are overjoyed! Today was totally intense. Around 3:15pm we were all in our seats, waitin...
-
1st round of offers went out today and did not head my way. I haven't checked recently, but think I was ranked about 24-28 before today....
4 comments:
Way to stay positive with your list of things to do. I'm sorry this round wasn't for you. The fall is such a wonderful time of year so maybe you can enjoy it a little bit more for me since I am desperate to have a US fall with pumpkins and Thanksgiving. Live it up for those of us who don't get to be home.
I will certainly let us know how Dhaka shapes up. First--need to learn Bangla....
Thanks for rounding them up! I've added them to the ongoing list I'm trying to keep here: http://www.travelorders.com/flag-day-stories/
What a great resource, Alex, thanks!
I've heard about Tokyo, Shenyang, and Kathmandu as well. What a fun list!
Post a Comment