Sunday, August 8, 2010

Whew.

Well, I'd say the weekend was a big success. Thanks to my mom for wrangling the kids and providing meals! Of course we have lots more to do, but we made a big, big dent in the basement mess, I cleaned out two closets, and we started on the garage. And, we decided we will have a garage sale, after all. Or rather, our stuff decided for us. There is too much decent stuff that I want to at least try to sell.

I must say, the technique of preparing boxes with labels such as Store, Sell, Donate, and Move was tremendously helpful. Usually, I empty a box all over the room and then freak out at the mess and take hours to put it in the correct location. This time, when the box was emptied, every item was already where it needed to be. I prepared the boxes on Friday night so that we could jump right in on Saturday.

Now for the photographic proof:




And here's next weekend's project. Wanna come over?

4 comments:

Melissa V said...

Wow - I am thoroughly impressed. Good for you!

Jill said...

That's a LOT of organization... You are definitely ready to join the FS. You're definitely ahead of the game here!

Bfiles said...

thanks, guys!!

Jen said...

Wow, that is excellent! I am still trying to tackle the boxes in the basement..the one negative about not having relatives anywhere close by...no weekend wranglers :-)

Tulum with tweens

I'm still here! Thought I'd write about our vacation to Tulum this past week. The kids' school is off for 'fall break,...