Taking a break from the chaos that is my bedroom. Really, the night before leaving on a big trip (or a permanent move) just sucks. Luckily, my brilliant husband insisted we take the later flight to San Juan, routing us through Miami, rather than the 6am non-stop. Thank goodness for that.
The kids have been doing pretty well. Friday was the last day at daycare, and we all cried, including the teachers. When we left, M stood outside his classroom, peering in the window, with tears streaming down his face. It was so precious, and I'm so proud of him for being able to face those sad feelings (he's not the grandson of shrinks for nothing!). The kids have been clingy lately, but mostly pretty darn adorable. We're hoping the good behavior continues, but are prepared that it may not. M wanted extra hugs tonight, and was able to tell me that he was both sad and excited.
So, tomorrow we start our journey! I can't really believe this day has come. But enough deep thoughts; I have to get back to work.
We'll check in from Puerto Rico if we can! Thanks to everyone for the kind wishes and support!
We packed up the family and joined the Foreign Service in 2011. Currently in: Mexico City, Mexico!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tulum with tweens
I'm still here! Thought I'd write about our vacation to Tulum this past week. The kids' school is off for 'fall break,...
-
So, after eating nothing but tacos and junk food for the first six months of my life here, I had gained a few pounds. I started trying t...
-
What a day! I can't believe we got the DR. We are overjoyed! Today was totally intense. Around 3:15pm we were all in our seats, waitin...
-
1st round of offers went out today and did not head my way. I haven't checked recently, but think I was ranked about 24-28 before today....
5 comments:
So glad you took a break to post :). I can't believe this day has come either! Good luck, and hopefully we'll catch up at the airport. And yes, thank goodness for the later flights...
congrats on being almost there! It is always so exciting!! you are right though, the night before does always suck! No matter what you do. There is always stuff that has to be done at the last minute. I hope the flights go well for you and the kiddos are good. I completely agree with you about Oakwood as well. We loved it there, and luckily now we are making our arrangements to come back for language next year! We are excited to enjoy it for a while again and I'm excited that the kids will get a little bit of "familiar", and a place they feel like home even between moves. Good luck with everything, and I can't wait to see how it all went!
I can still remember when we were sitting on that couch at Annex 44 getting psyched up for our SIs. What a full 1.5 years this has been! Good luck with your first post. I can't wait to hear about the next phases of your adventure.
Safe travels!
Good luck! I hope your first experience turns out as great as ours has so far. The embassy family is what truly has helped us adjust as well as we have.
Post a Comment