Saturday, February 25, 2012

Colonial Zone

We finally made it to the colonial zone about a month ago. I had forgotten how lovely it is. We took a 30 minute train ride, which was perfect, and then spent time feeding the pigeons. The kids haven't had that much fun with an almost free activity in ages. I'm pretty sure we could do that every weekend and they'd be psyched.
 My photos were taken from a moving train so they could be better, but here are a few I liked. Sorry but I have no idea what the buildings are...I was focusing on the pastel colored homes and unbelievable flowers. I mean, look at this amazing purple flowering plant!

This is a long pedestrian-only street that sells touristy stuff and some clothes. I had forgotten how much I liked hanging out here when I was a PCV.




This is a famous corner...I didn't get the full shot that shows its charm. I hope to find a painting of this corner before we leave.


This is the main plaza...the kids loved running around.



We managed to avoid the Hard Rock in the plaza and instead enjoyed a more local lunch. But it is calling us, with its yummy burgers and fries....


1 comment:

Nomads By Nature said...

Such a neat part of town. And there is nothing better than a big plaza and pigeons to entertain a small one!

Tulum with tweens

I'm still here! Thought I'd write about our vacation to Tulum this past week. The kids' school is off for 'fall break,...