| I'm so grateful he was able to meet both of my children. |
We packed up the family and joined the Foreign Service in 2011. Currently in: Mexico City, Mexico!
Saturday, May 19, 2012
Goodbye Dappy
Last week I traveled to MD to say goodbye to my grandfather whom my brother and I called Dappy. He was 94 and lived a long and fulfilling life. I am so grateful I was able to be there for his burial at Arlington National Cemetery. He was a WWII fighter pilot and so his burial proceeded with full honors- it was very moving. He is now together with his wife of more than 50 years- my Nana, who died in 2003. Rest in peace, Dappy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tulum with tweens
I'm still here! Thought I'd write about our vacation to Tulum this past week. The kids' school is off for 'fall break,...
-
So, after eating nothing but tacos and junk food for the first six months of my life here, I had gained a few pounds. I started trying t...
-
What a day! I can't believe we got the DR. We are overjoyed! Today was totally intense. Around 3:15pm we were all in our seats, waitin...
-
1st round of offers went out today and did not head my way. I haven't checked recently, but think I was ranked about 24-28 before today....
6 comments:
Smiles and tears for you. Very glad you got to be there.
I'm so sorry about his passing, but so glad you could be there. So wonderful that he was able to know your little ones!
Very sorry for your loss, but glad you made it home to honor his life. What a gift to have him for so long!
I'm so sorry for your loss. He sounds like a wonderful man. Glad you could be there.
Hmmm... I'm not the first to say this, but I'm happy for you that you got to attend. It's a small blessing during a sad time to be close to family. :)
thank you everyone, I appreciate it.
Post a Comment