Welcome, 2014! It's going to be an exciting year. Last New Year's day, when I looked ahead, I was focused on the big transition of us leaving the DR and arriving in the U.S. I find it interesting that this year, I am not looking to July and our departure to China right now, even though it's coming soon and will be much bigger than our last move.
All I can see today is the next five months of Mandarin study- it's going to get more intense and more complex. I am very aware that although I am about halfway through, I still speak like a baby. I wonder how I'll get to the 2 level, and how I'll ever get beyond that. It is preoccupying to say the least!
I find that in this FS life, time passes so quickly. Now that it's 2014, we'll be making summer and travel and fall school plans. I'm going to blink and this year in the U.S. will be over.
But for now, all Mandarin, all the time.
So I think this is my NY's photo. These are the books we've gone through so far (well, we're still in the middle of IC L1P2). There are many more books to come!
再见! Goodbye!
We packed up the family and joined the Foreign Service in 2011. Currently in: Mexico City, Mexico!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tulum with tweens
I'm still here! Thought I'd write about our vacation to Tulum this past week. The kids' school is off for 'fall break,...
-
So, after eating nothing but tacos and junk food for the first six months of my life here, I had gained a few pounds. I started trying t...
-
What a day! I can't believe we got the DR. We are overjoyed! Today was totally intense. Around 3:15pm we were all in our seats, waitin...
-
1st round of offers went out today and did not head my way. I haven't checked recently, but think I was ranked about 24-28 before today....
3 comments:
Xin Nian Quai Le! (Happy New Year if I remember the pinyin correctly!)
I just skimmed your older posts, I'm waiting for the results to the October PNQ and you have just reinforced my hope and determination!
hi Walter's mom! Thanks for visiting. Best of luck with the QEP...will be rooting for you.
Post a Comment