Just want to take a minute to say goodbye.
So many wonderful things happened while I was living in New York. There was this...
| My husband and I met at Penn Station 9 years ago and that's where he proposed |
| We had a beautiful destination wedding in Mexico |
And two years later, this too...
I was lucky to make some wonderful friends, including but not limited to these great women...
![]() |
| These lovely ladies are from my MPH program...even though I'm leaving the field, we'll always be able to talk shop. |
| This one moved to CA a year ago. I am so grateful that I can count her as a dear friend. |
![]() |
| I've known this one all my life, but she moved to NYC ~5 years ago, much to my delight |
| This one saved my life at one of my jobs. I am so grateful we became friends. |
We have wonderful family members here, who have joined us for every birthday and other celebrations. We've loved spending more time with them over the years.
I know that we will be back, both before we leave and during every trip back to the U.S. And I know my dear friends and I will stay in touch. But for now, goodbye NY and everyone dear to us, we love you!



7 comments:
Goodbye New York, hello world! It is bittersweet, though...my Grandma told me at Christmas that she didn't want me to leave, and I just about came undone.
Best wishes to you. Thanks for sharing your experience with us...Happy New Year.
On to the great adventure!
Hi Bfiles,
I've been following your blog for awhile and just wanted to comment b/c I recognize two of the people in your photos and just love how small the world is. I won't mention their names, but I was a grad student at Columbia from 2004 to 2006 and during most of that time was a research assistant with the Averting Maternal Death and Disability Program, and they were both working with AMDD at the time. I'm currently an FSO with USAID, heading to Senegal but out at FSI right now for language training. Welcome to the FSO family and good luck with the start of A100.
-Antoinette
Good luck Bfiles! Exciting adventures start for you this week! Keep us updated.
This is kind of a bittersweet moment, isn't it? Thankfully, you get to bring some of them with you, and you'll have plenty of chances to see the rest of them, along with myriad new friends all around the world. From here on out, you have a beautiful destination *everything* :)
thanks for the sweet comments, all! Antoinette, can't find your blog if you have one, but what a small world!! Please say hello if you see me at FSI, and I'll do the same!
Post a Comment